Friday, November 4, 2011

Is it possible to program the new postal rates in a Pitney Bowes machine without paying a $54 charge?

You can always manually enter your desired postage (which is what I have done today), but that may not be what you mean. I can't find any way to update the rates manually so that it calculates the correct amount when using the scale. I too find this fee absurd and it was not mentioned to me either when I changed to this new scale. I guess (?) I don't have to download the new rates, but I think the monthly fee I pay should more cover PB keeping the rates updated. Have you tried calling and threaten to cancel? I used to pay refill fees too until I called to complain about that. On a side note... nothing beats when I used to have the old scale and they would send me a paper rate update with a note saying I either had to send it back or pay $10.... or when they decided they were going to charge a fee for support / newsletter... or-- oh, I could go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment